If there’s one thing every party needs, it’s a great dessert. Our personal favorite is CAKE because it’s an opportunity to get creative and add an unexpected decor element to your party. Here are some of our favorite cakes from over the years:
1. Celebrating 70 with a Whimsical Garden Party– For Seri’s Mom’s 70th birthday, they celebrated with a gorgeous garden party, which included this naked cake by Baked with Joy. Topped with flowers in the color scheme of the party and a glitter topper by All That Glitters, this cake was a huge hit!
2. An Around the World Bat Mitzvah- Last year, LMP had the honor of throwing a Bat Mitzvah for a sweet girl who LOVES to travel. Empire Cake brought our vision to life, and we absolutely loved the wow factor it brought to the table.
3. Batman + Superman turn Five + Forty-Two- One of the perks of having your mom as a party planner? Having the coolest birthday cakes every single year. When Gavin turned five, Seri threw him a Superhero Bowling party, at his request. Making That Cake did it again with this impressive cake we’ll never forget.
4. A Parisian Themed Bridal Shower- Seri’s cousin Daniella had a seriously stunning bridal shower that was recently featured on Style me Pretty. One of our favorite decor pieces? The cake, of course. Topped with meringue cookies and flowers, this cake by Nutmeg Bake Shop was a total show stopper.
5. A Skully Halloween Party- As you all know, we love celebrating holidays with Little Miss Party in a Box. For Halloween this year, we got a bloody cake by Empire Cake and stuck a knife in the middle for a spooky and dramatic effect. You can even watch how we set it all up with this Magical Halloween Video.
6. A Romantic Wedding in the East Village- Although LMP does not usually take weddings, this intimate and stunning wedding was one we simply couldn’t pass up. Their cake was also created by the talented Empire Cake, who we know we can always count on to make a masterpiece.
7. A Special Kind of Sixty- Seri is very close with her Aunt Marissa and couldn’t resist an excuse to throw her a beautiful birthday bash last year, complete with wintery greens, bold balloons, and a mouth watering cake by Truffle Toronto.
8. A Dinner Party for Two- Making That Cake came to the rescue once again with a stunning naked birthday cake with dripping pink icing. While setting up for this romantic dinner, Seri and I realized we had leftover flowers after our arrangements were made, so we used them to top the cake and VOILA! Absolutely gorgeous.
9. Lil’ Firefighters to the Rescue!- Although we love all the gorgeous parties we design for our adult clients, we also have a blast getting creative with kids parties! This firefighter cake by Sugar Sugar turned out so cute and was a huge hit with the birthday boy.
10. A Dreamy First Birthday- Last spring, LMP had the opportunity to style an amazing first birthday photo shoot. Between the floral table runner made by Natalie and the amazing set of naked cakes by Nine Cakes, these are photos we’ll never forget.
We absolutely love going through our archives to find our favorite past parties and decor tips. If there’s a party topic you want us to cover, don’t hesitate to ask! Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.