April 25, 2017
Guess what guys… Tonight, at 7:30 pm, I’m hopping on a plane and heading to… Italy! Right?! As you guys saw, we had a jam-packed (and INCREDIBLE) weekend full of events at LMP, so this vacation is coming at a perfect time. I can’t wait to spend a week relaxing, soaking up all those Italian sights, eating copious amounts of pizza, and drinking all of the wine.
This weeks cocktail is inspired by this trip and all of the red wine I will be drinking … the Red Wine Berry Spritzer.
Here’s what you need:
-your favorite red wine (we used a leftover bottle we had in the office)
-Italian sparkling water
-fresh berries (we used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
-fresh lime, cut into 1/4 wedges
Here’s what to do:
1) Rinse all berries and chop up strawberries into 1/4 size pieces. Set aside for garnishing later on.
2) Add ice to each of your wine glasses, filling about halfway. Add in assortment of fresh berries.
3) Squeeze in some fresh lime juice, 1 wedge per glass.
4) Pour red wine on top of ice, lime juice & berries, filling your glass about 3/4 of the way. Let sit for a few minutes to allow berries to soak up some wine.
5) Top off each glass with Italian Sparkling Water. Garnish with fresh mint, and enjoy!
Natalie whipped up some caprese skewers with fresh basil, grape tomatoes and mozzarella, which was the perfect light snack and paired perfectly with this light and fresh cocktail. It certainly did the trick in getting us into the vacation spirit!
You can follow along with my trip on my Instagram, and I will be sharing photos and other details on the blog soon!
Ci vediamo la settimana prossima… Ciao!