August 2, 2016
As simple as it is, one of my favorite things to drink on a night out with friends, or when sitting on the beach is a vodka soda. But that can definitely get boring.
I wanted to stir things up a bit with this straightforward classic, and decided to peruse the fridge and herb garden for inspiration. Combining blueberries, lemons and fresh rosemary was an absolute no-brainer!
Here’s what you need:
-unflavored vodka (we used Ketel One)
-3/4 cup fresh blueberries
-fresh lemons, sliced and halved
-a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
Here’s what to do:
1) Add ice to each of your cocktail glasses. Measure 1.5 oz of vodka into each glass on top of ice.
2) Take 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries into a small bowl, and add a splash of vodka to bowl. Use a fork to muddle the blueberries. Pour muddled mixture over ice and vodka in glasses.
3) Take citrus press and lemons and juice to make 1 oz of lemon juice. Divide lemon juice evenly between both glasses.
4) Top off each glass with club soda, enough to fill each glass almost to the top.
5) Add a few fresh blueberries, a lemon slice, and a sprig of rosemary to each glass for garnish. You can use the rosemary sprig, a straw or a spoon to lightly stir drink and combine ingredients.
Now, tell me, how yummy is this?
I find the best cocktails are ones that require the least amount of shopping and prep time, and I love that I was able to make this one using things that we already had lying around. This is especially attainable in the summer, when most of us have fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs readily stocked up.
Whats your favorite version of a vodka soda? Tell me in the comments!
Cheers… I’ll see you next week!