May 17, 2017
My favorite thing about cooking with Chef Luke…is his excitement to cook each week. He is constantly thinking of new ideas for his show and gets overly excited to try new recipes. Being such a foodie myself I feel pretty darn lucky that my kids love to eat and cook as much as they do.
Today Chef Luke is making “Muffies”. You may be asking yourself…what on earth is a Muffy? And is Seri spelling it right?
A Muffy is what Luke calls the tops of muffins. He gets a muffin every week before his soccer class…and rips off the top and leaves the bottom for the wolves. He named these muffin tops – Muffies.
So today…he’s making Muffies! They are amazing. Like banana chocolate chip muffin COOKIES. Yum!
Watch how Luke whips up these bad boys and you can find the recipe below.
Chef Luke’s Banana Chocolate Chip “Muffies”
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and whisk together.
3. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, egg, milk and melted butter and stir.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly, mixing together so all is combined well.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour, then shape into large balls.
6. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooking rack to cool all the way.